Monday, July 13, 2009

Tripping down the Road

I finally found internet! uh huh yes I did!

Ive been on Jewlz and Hallie's road trip extravaganza now for about a week adn a half and finally convinced her to spend a night at a KOA campground so that I could get online. cause seriously here, I was jonesing.* And really only reason I was able to convince her? I had to finish a project for my class that is due thursday and we will not be getting back to internet till sat. AHHH! lol

guess i'll live though becuase we have been having such a fantastic time I can't even describe it. Thus far we have hit up
LA
Yosemite
Las Vegas
Grand Canyon
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon
Lake Powell/Glen Canyon Dam
Hoover Dam
Sunset Volcano National Park
Wupatki National Park

Are you tired? cause I'm tired just thinking about it! haha, but seriously we've even been able to get in a solid 2 hikes a day and not kill each other!!! :) I'll totally write more about it all and have pictures, cause yes I"ve taken a least a thousand already, but for now I need to go crash because my assignment has just been submitted and we are waking up early so that we can check out the petrified forest before driving to the Gila Cliff Dwellings! Then it's on to
Big Bend
The Alamo (San Antonio, TX)
Houston, Tx
New Orleans
Great Smokey Mountain National Park
Saco River, Maine

And somewhere in there I have to do one more project, and one more assignment before I am done with schooling forever! yes, this gal will have her masters, knock on wood. that whole thing is still surreal to me, not sure what I will do when I'm not constantly thinking about whne I have assignments due!

so anyway, keep enjoying that summer! and think of me sweating my life off on my fabulous, awesome, incredible hikes.

~Hal

*KOA campgrounds are really awesome chain campgrounds taht can be foudn pretty much anywhere and have all the amenities you could want. right now I am sitting out at our picnic table with wireless typing this up. trust me, this is not the norm. plus they have hot water, flush toilets, shower, laundry and really nice sites. All for cheap!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't know -- kind of puts a damper on the visual of the "great outdoors" with you sitting at your picnic table and being online!

And it's not right that you are hiking without me. You don't even LIKE to hike! Or not like me anyway!

Molly said...

I did not know you were doing all this traveling and hiking! I'm so jealous. It sounds wonderful! I love hiking :)

Have a great rest of your trip and yes, I know that done with Masters feel good feeling. You're gonna love it!

Tomasen said...

Holy Cow!! What an awesome trip so far! Just a head's up...in San Antonio the Riverwalk is so much fun at night and The Alamo...well it might be a bit of a disappointment. I can't wait to see pictures!! I still have Yosemite, Bryce and Lake Powell on my list of things to get to!! What a wonderful life you lead and I can just see you there with your computer at th epicnic table...and it is a great one! Sometimes ammenities are all we need to get us through another adventure!!
enjoy!!
Love you...
Tomasen