Thursday, July 29, 2010

Biking in Packs


I have FINALLY started biking to work again and am loving it...of course! It's been a very busy summer, nonstop activities, always go-go-go, and in the middle of that I moved to a new apt far FAR away from my gym that holds my very awesome Pilates Reformers classes. So ultimately this prodded me to break out the bike one morning when I knew I had class that night and didn't want to have to take the hour long public transportation trip back to my new place. Yes it really does take that long because there is no way to get across the city without transferring and when it's later at night there is no gaurantee that the trains or buses will be running too frequently. So anywho off I went merrily along one morning and before I knew it I was at work! I mean the whole ride prob took me 15 minutes, AND it's a ride I could easily do in say 7 if I actually tried.
The route I take to work is a straight shot down this one street and there are just groups of bikers who use it! I mean at different intervals you'll see 10 bikers or so going on their way! I love this becuase it means that the cars definetly notice you and know that this pack of bikers...is going to be on the road! haha, I love joining a pack every morning and feeling like we are pointing some kind of finger at the solo ppl in cars killing the earth! of course not to those ppl who NEED to drive but seriously it always amazes me how much traffic there is in this city when it's so easy to not drive! but that's sooo not my point.... not quite sure what my point is but YEA BIKING! which reminds me I should really bring the poor guy in for a tune up. He had some rough times in storage for 6 months and than the winter...
In other news work is work... the boss is about to have his first baby any day now which means that i've been handling a lot of our international work and will be sure to have more thrown on me once the little girl actually shows up. I'm semi nervous about this, not because I don't think I can handle it but because I feel that it's goign to make my work schedule very busy and really all I want to do is enjoy the rest of the summer! plus babies babies everywhere right now! I swear ppl need to stop having kids cause i'm not ready to deal with that whole thing yet! haha
Birthday month is almost here! I'm so excited for it! Have some awesome trips planned as well as some fun activities here in Chi-town. I think it'll be a good month :) Now time to do some work!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yeah, finally back on the bike! Our are all on the jeep right now -- I am about an hour away from heading out. It is quite easy to pack for a trip when you don't have to catch a ferry! Very relaxing. I am looking forward to some biking on the Vineyard, though I am NOT looking forward to the hurting butt problem.