Thursday, June 25, 2009

Family Party '09

I've been very busy the past two weeks with numerous family obligations and then a few friend things. and though I call the family things obligations I don't mean them in that type of nuance even a little bit.
The other weekend I went up to my cousins place, which I have known and loved these cousins for years, but have never actually made it to their home. 1) because our grandparents had a wonderful lake house that they always came to every summer (and I always lived there all summer) and 2) because my dad HATES to travel. So ultimately one of my cousins got married in a rather fast wedding and my aunt had a party for him at their house. SO everyone went! and when I say everyone I mean everyone. See my dad's side of the family has not gotten together in years. last time I remember was my grandparents 50th anniversary and at that time I was still wearing an overall jean skirt outfit with a pink flowered shirt. (i was young) But all of my dad's siblings were there and their children, the only sad part was that my dad's parents weren't able to come, but the other grandparents were there! (who weirdly enough LOVE me, but that's a whole nother story). Anyway, their house is absolutely gorgeous with a pool, pool house, screened in porch. stunning! and to top it off their dog had just had 10 puppies! so ultimately it was a fabulous weekend.
The weirdest thing for me was to see how the generations were. Here I was, a 23yo, hanging out with all the adults, able to hold my own and actually enjoying it. Not too mention that all my cousins had their respectable boyfriends or girlfriends, and though I didn't have my own I had my own story of one who had just unfortunately had to close his time with me. And then I was looking at my parents and their generation and then my dad's brother and his close friends and then the grandparents of all and it was so fun to see how different and yet the same everyone is. We are all unique and yet there is that bond that you grew up with someone, or interacted with someone frequently, etc that makes you the same. Families grow and gain new traditions and have new traits and yet somewhere deep down in there u are the same. LIke I love my cousin B, and yet her sister is a mess. And I love my dad with all my heart, as well as his brother, and yet their sister is insane! it's all these intricacies and crazies that interest me when family reunions happen because who knows why all these changes happen.
All I know is I had a great time, puppies, family, and food. As well as congratulations to my very fun cousin Zach and his wonderful new wife Bobbi. You two compliment each other amazingly well and I wish them both the best!

3 comments:

Bayjb said...

Aww glad you had a good time. It was nice to meet you finally and see you a few times this week! See you again soon!

Tomasen said...

Hey you! It is funny to think that you are related to all of those people and yet see them so infrequently! Glad you had a great time.
Now if I am right...today is moving day? Good luck!!
When will you be at the Vineyard?

Hal said...

Yessiree this is moving day. I have been going straight for the last few days, now I'm sitting waiting for the moving guys.

I'll be on the Vineyard the whole two weeks!!! woohoo!