Sunday, January 10, 2010

Guys can suck

my roommate got a call tonight from her "boyfriend" who is Australian but has been living in London for the past few years. Anyway he had gone home for the holidays and today and he called and said that he was staying in Australia. Now they have had a rocky relationship and add the long distance to it and it's complicated BUT he made this decision without talking to her or anything like that.

I guess where I am is I have no idea what to even think, and she wants some advice but what do you do with something like that? I first met the roomie 3 months ago and though we are close and I know most of the details, I have never met the guy and I only know her side of the story, bout everything. But my first instinct is, this guy has chosen to move from a country that's a 6 hour plane ride to a 24 hour plane ride away without even consulting her. And I know she loves him and they've talked about a future so I don't want to say you should end this becuase that's a big decision but I also don't want to say you should try to talk this out. Cause this guy obviously has problems and is extremely selfish.

This is an extremely strong and independent woman who falls apart when he is inconsiderate or mean to her. But when she talks about him she is happy. I get frustrated that guys can do this girls and we really don't have any power over it. Cause I seriously think she loves him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him, but he..... is impulsive and selfish and something...

so what does a roomie do? I brought her home and we're getting drunk but it doesn't really solve anything. It's a bandaid for a situation that is just going to be painful and sad. Are there any comforting words I can give her? anything that will make her forget that the man she loves is being a complete asshole!

oh and did I mention he called her on his way to work! so that they couldn't have more than a 15 minute conversation! right now I want to smack the guy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Umm, this is a classic case of HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. Seriously. I think even Dr. Laura would agree with me on this one.

She was just dumped -- royally. So you let her grieve and then you help her move on, when it's time. There was a reason he didn't talk to her about his decision: because he wasn't factoring her into it.

Comforting words? Umm, it happens to nearly everyone, there are a lot of pearls in the sea once you get by those stupid fish???

Chunky Monkey is really the only guy a girl needs.

Don't get too drunk, it's Sunday night after all!