Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time to Meet Dei

Dei... as in the name of my new DSLR!

So remember back when I put up a short little post announcing that I had invested in a new camera???? Well that camera came within a week! and after giddily opening it I put it back in the box and placed it in the living where I could stare at it whenever I wanted...and when I say stare at it I mean, stare at it. And for some reason that staring became a problem because that's all it was, STARING.

"Why haven't I tried that new camera yet?" I would ask myself... And I realized after almost a month had gone by and nothing had changed...that I was nervous! NERVOUS! For what reason? Who knows but there it was. And so as soon as I realized how ridiculous and silly that was... I signed up for a class and here we are.

So today, It was interesting to me to see how many people were in the class, granted it was free but I just hadn't really thought about how many people would own nice cameras. The professor was very knowledgable but still obviously loves photography and sharing it with others. That to me is a very promising characteristic in teachers as it makes me want to know why this topic makes them so happy! and so I learn it! The class itself was very informative in the basic basics of photography which was nice because it was the push for me to actually embark on this new DSLR journey that, but not too much that I felt overwhelmed with how much I don't know! even though it is a lot :) I def want to take another class but I am being thwarted by a number of options because almost half of the class time is spent in a lab and learning how to print, etc. It would be nice to learn but ultimately that is not a part of this that I want to experiment with right now. Plus I feel like most of that is just messing with the pic which is all opinion anyway! So yea, I would really love to find a class, that's not a boot camp... I know its out there!

After the class I walked around my little block and took some pics of the city and little signs of spring! It is amazing looking at my pics here and everything is so much sharper! Plus it's a real camera and I can play around with the settings! Here are some of the better ones.


Check out that cloud definition! Never with a point and shoot.


I will admit I feel almost self-conscious walking around with my camera but I think that is just something that will take time! And these guys didn't seem have much of a problem with it!

Gotta love day drinking... :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

JEALOUS. I AM JEALOUS! Now I don't know what I want more -- a really good camera or an iPad. The crispness on the photos is awesome. Who were the guys? Just random guys?!! Take some pictures of your building and street so I can see your building. (Please!)

Tomasen said...

AWESOME!!! Glad you finally picked it up and updated us!! It does take gorgeous shots...but I can't ask for a new camera...I just have toooooo many in my past and everyone rags on me...but I do LOVE a new camera!!

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Wow the photos are gorgeous! we need to talk SLRs, I'm ready to start looking at getting one!

Hal said...

Those are just random guys who were like take a pic! take a pic! haha. And how did you know I took shots of my building and entrance Mom! that's just creepy. I'll send them to you tonight.

Jess... whenever you want to talk just let me know. I did a otn of research before I chose one.