Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sometimes you just have no idea....

I hate feeling like I am unadequate at the end of nights even though deep down I know I am fine. AND even though I have had a wonderful night sometimes I come home and feel like bawling. I can deal with it and I can handle it but tonight there was a guy who I was ok giving the vunerability to and right now I almost wish he were here to hold me and yet last night I had a fantastic date and there was no vulnerability feeling in me. I guess it's just woman's feelings but seriously...

I guess to sum up this has been a rough month romantically and even though the toughest news has made me really go for it I just don't always feel like I'm right.

And beyond that where does older become too old.... as a poll. I'm 23 btw.

wishful, hopeful, and vulnerable thoughts out...

2 comments:

Tomasen said...

UHG!! You words stir up those old emotions in me like you can't even know. They make me want to crawl into bed and not get out!!
What you do know and you do write here is that they DO pass.
You are a beautiful, intelligent, brilliant, funny amazing person and anyone you choose to spend time with is just damned lucky!!!
Hang in there...and know that in the end you will find what you want and need. Of that I am certain!!
Hugs to you!!
Love
t

Lisa said...

It's not about age, it's about where you are at emotionally and stage-ically. (My word). If you are at the stage where you want to settle down; chances are you will attract someone of that ilk and ... whether age is a factor is only up to you.

I don't think you can say ten years is a yardstick to use; because there are plenty of 33-year-old's who are still young and ridiculous. There are 25-year-old's who are more mature than some 40-year-olds. Is maturity important? Is youth important? What is present in youth that isn't present in the approach to middle age? If you are an old soul (and I would definitely say you are!) then you don't have to go through a lot of stages to grow up -- you get more than many middle-aged women do in your 20's. BUT ... with that said, within a relationship the important factors are: DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON? That is top of the list. Do you both want children? Very huge. And if those are in play, chances are nothing else matters.