Friday, May 8, 2009

Brushing away the gloomies

Happy Friday everyone! My last post was rather depressing so I'm not going to take a look at all the wonderful things in my life. Starting with...

I HAVE A JOB! A real, full-time, big person job that will hopefully allow me to do lots of traveling and contain a good mix of everything I want to do in my field. This job also allows me to stay in Chicago which I'm wicked excited about! I'm already thinking about where I want to move too, if anyone knows of someone looking for a roomate come October let me know! I'm so excited for a brand new apartment, which optimumly will have an in-unit washer/dryer and a roof top deck! or if not roof top at least an outside area that gets sun most of the day, my back deck right now is cute and fun but has a roof and thus gets sun for oh about 2 hours a day. Boo! I'm also not exactly sure what neighborhood I want to live in, I really love my little street but I think it's incredibly possible for me to find something slightly cheaper if I move to a different one. Any ideas from you Chicagoians?

This lovely job is allowing me to take off 5 months! before I start my real time. Now there are a couple reasons for this (finish my masters, take the FE) but mainly I will be floating around doing wonderful things and enjoying my last real time as a person with no responsibilities. And the best part! I get to do all this with money so I can actually plan trips. now if only I could forget about the silly little things like insurance and stuff. ugh.

thus, I have approximately 3 weeks left of work, 2 weeks left of my second to last class and.... i'm free!

I have also started the 30 day shred. It's going well as of right now, I don't find level 1 too hard so I think I'll probably only do it for about a week and then move on. I absolutely suck at push-ups which is the only reason I'm sticking with it for even a week. I really like Jillian though which is surprising because I usually never like the people who do these videos. but for some reason I find her rather motivating. We'll see if I still feel that way when it gets really hard...haha

alright i'm out, time to bust out some hw so I don't have to deal with it over the weekend!

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

YAY! Congrats again on the job and being able to stay in Chicago. It's the best place :)