Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow

Tomorrow is the last day of work! I have spent the past week getting myself all organized, transferring files to my personal computer, cleaning my desk, catching everyone up on the projects I've been running, etc. So much to do in fact that all of a sudden I'm sitting here tonight thinking "holy shit!" Tomorrow night when I leave work I will not be going back for 5 WHOLE months! Awesome! 

And tomorrow...my day is, termination paper stuff, dealing with IT (which means sweet talking so I can keep my email hopefully!!), lunch with my team (which means long), and then drinks after work! wahoo! good way to end a very interesting year I say. 

On another note: I love blogging and am not ashamed or whatever with it at all but I also don't tell everyone I know that I blog. As I've mentioned before I am not a great fan of my writing so for me to tell people I know in person that I have a blog only happens when I am completely comfortable with them. And though I absolutely LOVE meeting the bloggers that I have and want to totally keep doing it, it's different because they first knew me through my writing. so it doesn't feel the same. 

but to get back to the point, every once in awhile someone I'm with makes a comment about "blogging" or they know someone who has this blog and it's just so ridiculous or horrible writing or whatever. Thus far I have only sat there quietly and stuff, don't want to jump all over them or something but I also don't really want to defend it because then I feel like you have to be like well I blog and you like me. so I always get stuck with what to do...I'm very proud of blogging and I think it's helped me tremendously even with just the short while I've been doing it, but I guess it's a sign that I'm not completely comfortable with it yet since I don't broadcast it...I dunno.

too important thoughts....I"m off work tomorrow and i'm soooooo excited! aaaahhhhhhhh

1 comment:

Tomasen said...

Blogging is one of those things that has always been done in the form of journalling and diaries etc. The difference is that it is electronic and as public as you want it to be.
Only you and Lisa and maybe two other people know that I have a blog and how to get to it. I like it that way as well!!
What I like is how it keeps it all for me in chronological order and I can write in it when I feel like it!
YEA! For you!! Have a great day and hello freedom! I may even be a teeny tiny bit jealous! Ahhhh...to have NO responsibilities sounds like heaven. I am off to write on my blog.
love
t