Monday, May 4, 2009

A taste of the past 2 weeks

I haven't been posting because I haven't felt particularly inspired, not because things haven't been happening but because almost too much has been happening that I am having trouble processing or actually explaining. So I decided to post some of the fun happenings of the past few weeks and ignore the serious ones. 

Saw this crazy duck at the Lily pond by the zoo this past weekend! It's like bright green and orange and makes me thing it should be someplace much fancier than a Chicago pond. Granted this city is great, but this duck is just a bit too cool for it. :)

I absolutely love the Boat Architecture Tour that Chicago offers. This was my second time going on it this past weekend and even though it was the exact same, I still wickedly enjoyed it. The fact that that truss thing on the front of this building is holding up that whole section is the coolest thing ever! Trains run underneath it and the truss is that dependable. AWESOME! 

I was so happy with the weekend that my college roomate got when she came to visit. All we wanted to do was be outside and our wish was granted the entire weekend! But beyond that, all of the fantastic and beautiful flowers that CHicago puts around the city had started to bloom and everywhere you went was just awash in colors. Tulips galore! so enjoy these, I am absolutely loving the purpilish blue those one flowers are. 

For earth day one of the companies in the building gave everyone little wheatgrass plants. We made fun of the googly eyes in the package when we first got them, but once I started growing mine I totally understood. I now have a little watchman who keeps me company during the day! This picture is from maybe 4 days ago and the grass is already twice as tall! Unfortunately it is getting gross inside the actual plastic so I might have to say goodbye to him fairly soon. :(

Even if you're drinking water, your drink can be fun! That is what we say here at PINT! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Get a small pot and some dirt and plant the wheat grass. It is a great thing to have at your desk, and you can "mow" it with scissors every day so it doesn't get out of control. And of course, you can always juice it!!!

Who is drinking water at PINT and why?

Hal said...

haha it def does not make enough to actually juice! that was my first thought though. I blame that on you.

And that is Megan, Ovid's girlfriend, and we were heading out but Kevin was a little drunk and wouldn't take no for an answer that she didn't want a drink. So he got her that. haha

Tomasen said...

I too love the boat tour. I took it when I was there! I love the cereal building and the round buildings!!
Wheat grass guy is cute. Ha ha
The blue flowers are hydrangeas. Ymmy combination!!
Hey...I hear congrats are in order. Your Mom tells me you have made some fantastic decisions!! totally cool!!
Love,
t