Monday, November 9, 2009

circles of the season and my wkend :)


I have a new obsession. Mad Men. The greatest tv show ever! and one hot Donald Draper! I have been watching it non-stop while I design my room (hopefully there will be a post forthcoming about that). It has also caused me to stay up way too late watching it... been exhausted!

I have finally started mindfully reading again. It seems like I can't get through a book if I don't make a purposeful decision to open up that book! read a fabulous one though, couldn't put it down, and am raring to go again!

I had this great long post all planned out in my head last night. the problem was I was sitting out by the lake and not at all by a laptop, which was the goal, but of course by the time I made it back to the apt all those lovely words had flittered out of my head and into the wind. See that's the problem with me and writing.. I can come up with great paragraphing and sentences when i'm inspired and talking it out to myself, but every time I sit down and actually go to type I hate what comes out. blah blah, I'll just keep on with the posts anyway cause I like the memories they form.

so this weekend was gorgeous! ABSOLUTELY amazing and fabulous. Now I'm pretty darn sure that it's going to be the last perfect weather we'll have for awhile so I was all prepared to relish in it the entire time! On saturday I had to paint some furniture (also required hours of sanding.. my arms were SO exhausted!) but anywho I dragged my pieces out and set them up in our back porch and in sweats and a T-shirt! went about my job. All afternoon enjoying the day and then went out with some fabulous girlies and hung outside for some of the night too!

Then on sunday I met up with a friend and after waiting for 20 minutes just soaking up the sun we found a place to brunch that still had their patio set up. I mean, it took us close to an hour walking around to find one. I feel like it's been patio patio patio and then none! but it was good and we just sat outside talking for like 3 hours. We also had the worst waitress, and the hostess wasn't too good either. Seriously for good food their serving sucked! Finally after getting home I decided to check out the lake, which is so close to me! like a 10 minute walk. Auh - some!

And that brings us around pretty much full circle to when I was sitting on the steps checking out a dark lake and then turning around to see the lights of the city! I forgot what a fantastic sight that is. It felt comfortable sitting out there, in only a fleece, knowing it was 6pm. lol It was a chance to say good-bye to the one amazing chapter of my life! 5 months of freedom, doing whatever the hell I wanted. Though it did instill in me a forevermore yearning to take another road trip, it was overall the most successfull. I did everything I had set my mind on and came around the bend with a degree, a horrid exam done, and a job. Though work deserves it's whole post, I'm excited.

Come on winter, I am ready! though the xmas music can always stay away!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, how lucky you are to have a lake and a city at your fingertips! And I hear you on the weather; I am crippled because I have been determined to stay outside (and hike and hike and hike) and well, did I mention I am crippled?

What furniture did you paint? Oh, the little table. What about the little bookcase? I want a picture of the room!!!!! STAT!

Hal said...

I know I know! I've been putting off taking the picture though cause it's still a complete mess! And I hung the city pic just a touch too high so I have to redo it, which is such a process! but maybe this wkend...

Bayjb said...

It is actually a fact that Mad Men is one of the best show's on TV. I'm so sad it's done now until summer :( Boo!