Sunday, November 15, 2009

My grown up room!

I typically have a very cozy, colorful, and sporatic room. I like to use things I have, I hold on to everything ever made for me which means I end up with a lot of cards hanging on the wall or my name in construction paper hanging up, etc. This room for some reason has gone in a completely different direction and though I like it, it is very different and thus has taken me a long time to get set up. The theme of this room is black and dark. which sounds dark in and of itself but for some reason that's just what a bunch of the furniture I had was and I decided to embrace it.

This is obviously my bed. I painted the end table black last wkend but I like the lizard above it! my grandparents gave me the lizard years ago and he's followed along to every apartment I go to and has always lived in a different room. In college he was just outside the bathroom and man was he a conversation starter during parties! I love my new bedspread. The blue is so vibrant. Not a huge fan of the gray pillows in the back but haven't found the right color pillowcases yet. I also totally need a picture or something for that incredibly plain wall, but I'm waiting for inspiration.

This is the other side of the room. I love how an old sarong I had matched the bedspread color. The table under it is this ugly little round table so it totally needed to be spruced up. One of the things I absolutely love about this room is I have incorporated tons of candles and whenever I am in there they are always lit. LUV candles! I also repainted the bookcase, totally needed a sprucing and the picture I LOVE! it's an early christmas present. the only thing is these incredibly tall walls make me want to fill them! it almost looks too small and it's over 3ft long!


This is a close-up on the top of my dresser. I absolutely love the wire basket that is all leaves and stuff and my jewelry looks so good resting all over it. I also love the peace I glued onto the dresser! I was a little afraid it wouldn't look good and then I'd be dealing with how to remove super glue but I like it! I'm not sure the pic will stay there but for now...

Trying to do a close up of the picture Mom. haha, let me know if you want a better one. Oh and if you can see the hill-billy pic of you, me and Dad. Yep I have that out. :)

So now for a few parts of my room that really make me happy... it was hard to choose cause it's all so fun but...

I came up with the idea to screw in those little hooks on the bottom side of the dresser. Who knew I had so many necklaces, but I love having them all hung up and displayed like that. In my old place I put thumb-tacks in the wall and hung them on that. For me my necklaces are art as well as fun to wear!

These were two postcards I picked up at an art show this past week. I loved the real paintings of them, but totally couldn't afford them so I had to settle for these. The flowers on the bike one is just so cute to me. Romantic without having people! And then of course who couldn't like the idea of dancing around in an alley!

That's all I got for now. I think it still needs some work but it's def pulling itself together and for the first time since I've moved in I have put away/organized all the random bits and pieces that come out when you move. It's def weird to not have the 100% cozy feeling when I walk into my bedroom but I do believe it's growing on me :)

No comments: