Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Circles of Living

I've been very interested in the past few months how I've been doing so many different things and every time I've been realizing how much I had missed this, or forgotten about this. It's like life just keeps bringing me back to places i've been before and yet I am different and view them all differently. It's all very new and fun, yet familiar and awesome because of that!

for example, I think I may have mentioned this before, but when I went on my roadtrip I had completely forgotten how fun it is to totally accept the dirty, hippy, nomadic life and become one with nature and the environment. To not care what is going on in the stressfull real world, so extremely to a point that I can go out in Las Vegas without showering for a few days and being grimy from the 3 mile hike I took that morning.

another one is how much I love my home in New Hampshire. It was a gorgeous day the other day and I was sitting outside on the newest part of our house, the backyard patio, that gets loads of sun and very little wind. Perfect for a cat-like human who wants to soak up some of the last summer rays. In fact as I type this I am hanging inside chilly because I went to get coffee earlier and tried to sit outside and read and it was too cold :( Back to the point, it was nice to experience again the complete relaxfullness of nh where you can be outside in your home and yet feel very peaceful.

And now I'm visiting a friend in Hoboken and I've been wandering around, he just got a new apt so I've been checking out the surrounding area, and I have forgotten what's it like to be living in a fun cool city. one of my favorite things to do while I was in Chicago was to just go grab a coffee and sit outside and people watch. Or just walk around the city. I love the interactions you can have with anybody and everybody. So diverse and different.

All in all this is a long-winded way of saying that I am very excited to get back to Chicago, to have a place of my own again. I do believe that my life is going to be very hard to choose where the heck I settle down. Nomadic hippy, country-bumpkin, city-gal....who knows!!? Guess that's the fun

2 comments:

Bayjb said...

Glad you're coming back to Chi-town!!

Hal said...

Yay! me too. can't wait to hang out with all you fun bloggers!