Friday, September 4, 2009

Snorkeling, Scubaing, & Sunrises


Over the past week jewlz and I have done lots and lots of beaching interspersed with everything in the title. Tuesday we did a resort scuba class where they taught us the basics and then we got to go on a 45 minute dive. I have scuba'd once before like 7 years ago, interestingly enough in Bon Aire which is very close to here, and absolutely loved it. Jewlz had never gone and so we def had to check it out. We dove in a rather commercial place, only up to 25ft and though I had a lot of fun and def don't regret it my memories of my Bon Aire dive are of much more color and fish everywhere! This was pieces of a ship that had been used for target practice so it didn't really look like a ship and it had started having coral grow on it and stuff and there were plenty of fish but it didn't have the vibrant color that stands out in my head from my first dive. But I do know that we dove on a legit coral reef so that's a major difference. All in all we decided we would love to do it again but certification is required so that we can do the interesting reef dives. Unfortunatly that is EXPENSIVE!

Then yesterday we rented a car and drove all around the island checking it out. We made a stop at one of the best snorkeling spots on the island and pittered around there for awhile. To get to the really good coral we had to swim out about 15 minutes and then it was low tide so we were floating over coral that was as close as a foot below us. You basically tried to just swim with your hands so that you didnt' touch anything! I was sucking in my tummy at points I was so close! It was AWESOME! saw so many cool fishes and the sea was a little rough so got a workout in as well. One of our host's friends brought us out and showed us around, they live right there, and she does it every day. I am supremely jealous, pretty fish, colors, water, and a workout. Perfection in my eyes.

After that we checked out the national park here and pretty much just wore ourselves out, so much so that by 9pm we were like man I really want to go check out downtown and have a night out but there is just no way I will make it. So we decided to hit the hay early and go see a sunrise this morning! so here it is now 7:30am and I have been up already for 2 hours...but the sunrise was absolutely gorgeous. We went to the tip of the island, by this old lighthouse where you could see the entire island laid out before you.

Now we will most def head to the beach at some point and spend our day reading, napping, and floating. Then maybe tonight we'll try that night out again...

1 comment:

Tomasen said...

Sounds dreamy to me!! Enjoy!!