Monday, September 21, 2009

Excessive use of Exclamation Points!

haha so i've been doing a lot of craigs-listing in the past few days b/c I am hitting up chicago the end of this week and will be a mad crazy apt looker gal! I have approximately 4 appointments set up so far and hoping for a few more! So excited! and yet stressed, cause meeting new people is nerve-wracking...i mean what if they don't like you!

but that's not the point. The point is it is interesting to see how people respond to my emails. I have a pretty basic email that I send out now, I've been doing this for a few months now. I know what gets the point across. But when someone likes what I have said I get exclamation points galore! and I mean after the greeting "Hey Hallie!" between points that they are excited about, etc. And it's funny cause i've found myself using it much more frequently as well because you really want to get the correct point across. I mean these are people that you just randomly found online. that elusive, you might be lying bout who you are, is this sketchy, are you sure you're a real person online. So I have been throwing these exclamation points around like it's the end of time and it is cracking me up. But I also feel like I get a decent idea of people through an email, which could be completely wrong. I mean I read into emails from ppl I know like the back of my hand, so why wouldn't I read into these ones by ppl I dont' know? but for some reason I am not, and I like it.

I can not wait to have my apt! hell yea after this wkend I have a very good feeling that I will know where I will be living for the next year or so. Lets all cross our fingers that it's true! thanks in advance.

No comments: