Monday, November 17, 2008

Unexpected Sunday

So I spent Sunday as a chore day, trying to get everything done that I had been slacking on or pushing off etc. Usually this is pretty hard because I’ve gone out the night before and I love to sleep until like 1 in the afternoon and by the time I get up and feel motivated enough it’s usually dark already these days and then all I want to do is curl up on the couch and read or watch tv.

So anyway I didn’t go at it hard on Sat night and thus was able to get up fairly early (11:30 is early for me, lol) and get myself to the gym as well as found some time to grab a chai at Panera and hang out and read! Perfect Sunday activity in my mind. Once I got home from all that, feeling very good about myself because I had put a good amount of time in at the gym I started cleaning and baking etc. I also tried to do some laundry because I was very behind, but my apartment building only has one set of washer drier (for six units) and it was being used when I went down the first time. So I left my stuff there and decided to sit down with a book and wait for a bit.

Now not too sound ridiculous, but I had started reading the seventh Harry Potter that morning because I am out of books currently and haven’t made it to my favorite used bookstore, I’m trying to stay away from new books, so I grabbed Harry and went on my way completely not expecting to be 100% sucked in! Oh yea, I read and read and read, completely forgetting about my laundry or my other chores. The tv was even on and I could not tell you what was showing! I know I should turn it off but I really really enjoy the background noise….

Once I was finally able to pull my mind back from the idea that Harry was chasing Lord Voldemort BY HIMSELF I ran down to the basement to throw my laundry in. Of course whoever was doing it before me had not removed their clothes so I was forced to do it for them. I HATE doing that, I feel sort of dirty doing it because I wouldn’t want people touching my clothes, but seriously people there are 4 other units trying to wash their clothes as well, please stay on top of your loads! So I took their stuff out and threw mine in and went about my way.

Then when I came down to switch it was snowing out! Yes everyone, the first snow of the year has hit me. And it was gorgeous! They were the tiny little perfectly white flakes that just seem to drift and swirl around you making you feel as if you are in a movie where the fairy is coming at you in a glow of white! And then we have this gorgeous tree over our back patio and it has dropped loads of bright orange, red, and yellow leaves all over our patio and steps so that they created this blanket of vibrant and intense fall colors. And finally we have a lights that aren’t harsh or fluorescent but give off slightly yellow glow.
There I was with this light flowing down around me lighting up the tiny little snowflakes and standing on a carpet of fall and it felt so peaceful. I didn’t think for a second that I was standing between two apartment buildings, with numerous people in them on the side of a busy street but I could have been back at my childhood home standing out on our porch with no one around. It was amazing and completely made my night!

And then I went back up and finished Harry, yes he defeated Voldemort, married Ginny, and all was right in the WIzarding world. Did I expect to find the first snowfall and finish a rather long book all in one day that morning when I woke up with my frigid nose in my 54 degree apartment? I certainly did not, but it was a wonderful surprise and leaves me feeling ready to conquer this week at work.

Hope everyone out there had as peaceful and calming day as I did.

No comments: