Saturday, December 20, 2008

I think I like writing...

I started this blog for a number of reasons, most that I don't even care to state because they are complicated and numerous and it would be too frustrating to put down into words. But I also began it because I find myself wanting to write when I feel like I have too many emotions or feelings in me and have an urgent need to get them out. There are a number of ways I have found to do this but as I have stopped swimming and can tend to get sick of crying I thought maybe by routinely expressing my feelings I could keep it from being such a build up to a huge explosion. And on the plus side of that I could potentially better my writing skills and become more comfortable with sharing my writing with others. 

I have taken a week or so off because I ran out of things to say and I also stopped just writing without thinking so I started thinking what people might think of what I am saying. And I dislike wondering because I am quick to assume the worst. This is both in a storytelling sort of way and a grammatical way. I make up words and I like it! But practice makes perfect and the fact is, this is my blog so if someone doesn't like it or doesn't like what I write then they will hopefully not be back and I can just delete all negativeness! I think!!! just to make that the most prominent word in this paragraph. 

Ironically enough as well I talked to my grandmother today about what she would like for christmas. We are both alike in that if we want something we buy it so I knew I could go out and get her a scarf or something and it would be fine, but it wouldn't really mean much to either of us. So I thought why not ask her. And what she said would be nice would be something I had written. Well lo and behold!!! Yes I have just started a blog, I can print those off and show them to you* and I can write something slightly personal to you as well. I am not being that lazy in her present! (Mom and Tomasen do not show her! I know you are having fun in NYC starting tomorrow but don't!) haha. 

So to pull all this rambling together after talking to her I got motivated to write a couple posts as well as I had just decided that I needed to stop worrying what people think about my writing. I'm not perfect, I don't write perfect, and I will get better. I may just have to suck at first to get there! 

*I say print them off because there is no way she would get online and read my blog there! haha

No comments: