Friday, December 12, 2008

Trials of Christmas

I always find Christmas shopping very hard. I can never think of the right present and then there are so many people I want to get presents. Because I love giving presents, I get such a great feeling when I give someone something that I know they are really going to like. But on the flip side I absolutely hate getting gifts that are useless and are just being bought becuase it's christmas or their birthday or some other reason.

To get around this fact I try to look for presents whenever I'm out shopping or in an interesting city, town, place so that I can keep those and have them for when the holidays come. And then everyone wins becuase I'm not the horrid bitch who isn't giving presents and I'm giving something that I am sure the recipient will enjoy. This year I didn't have anything like this because as much as that is my goal, I am actually very bad at thinking of christmas when it's july out. lol And the one gift I had this year was for someone who I am not giving a present anymore.

Regardless I have finally started looking into gifts and other than things for the kids in my family always find things I want and not gifts for others. So I spent all day yesterday shopping and I probably bought myself more things than I did others. AND I sent it to my home home because I don't want to have to pack it in my luggage when I fly home. So overall I have failed in the christmas shopping area and I still have loads to do. At least I can't mess up my girlfriends gifts as they are semi homemade. And thats all I"m saying.

yes I just wrote a post about buying myself things and not others, I am bad and it wasn't very interesting to read i'm sure, but it's all I got right now.

On other notes, insurance companies suck! Other than Geico who seem to be pretty good.

Happy Friday, 50 minutes left of work!

No comments: