Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Los Angelos...not what I expected

A couple wkends ago I went to LA to visit one of my fabulous college roomates, ROCKETT!, and to wishfully enjoy the nice weather that is suppossed to exist out there. Though I did not get the nice weather, haha, it was still warmer than Chicago and I was with fabulous people so it did not matter in the least. I also thought I'd put up some pictures because my last few posts have been rather boring and no run. 
Me enjoying the beach even though it was slightly chilly and rainy. I absolutely loved the LA beaches. They were so wide and open, flat and amazing. We got to watch a sunset on sat night and the colors were gorgeous! Unfortunately my camera had died by then or you would have seen a shot! 

We took the time to travel up to Hollywood and walk Hollywood Boulevard. It was very dirty and not really as glamorous or cool as I expected it to be. I mean they have celebrities there all the time and yet it was just blah. Fun to walk around though, great people watching. 
Here are us wonderful three, hanging out at Santa Monica Boulevard. We lucked out that after driving around all day seeing the countryside the rain decided to stop enough to allow us to walk around. We then followed that up with Happy Hour at a fun mexican place. Appropriate pictures do not exist! 

Here's me and my friend posing with muscle beach. I think it's been awhile since I tried to make a muscle cause I decided it would be more fun to just pose. ish... haha. But muscle beach dude, you have to work it. We also did many other fabulous things but I will leave you with these. Just to set your mind at ease, I did actually see the sun while I was there. :) These pictures just don't suggest that. 
 

No comments: