Wednesday, August 26, 2009

If my life were a musical

every once in a while I get absolutely obsessed with a musical and I watch it over and over and over again. Then once I get bored of the dialogue I start fast-forwarding through the boring parts to the songs that I love. Then once I get sick of just watching the actors/singers do it, I start bouncing all over the room singing the songs and rocking out. That is the same progression and it is such a relaxing thing for me. My two favorite musicals, Rent and Across the Universe. There is just something so incredibly moving about Rent and then Beatles songs put to a plot??? how could that not be fabulous?

sometimes I wish my life could be a musical. That at any tense/nervous/scary/angry times I could just burst out into song. I feel like it would be a great way of easing the situation and making things seem alright again. I mean maybe I wouldn't even be afraid of confronting people if I could just sing it to them! but alas, most people would look at me weird if I started vocalizing all my songs things. haha, I actually made up a choice few short songs during college that my roomies and others still use today! yes, they were very accepting of my weirdness.

I have to laugh at myself as I write this now though because in my apt searches I met with a girl who asked me if I had any pet peeves in a roomie and then she told me that hers was when people sing their conversations. I guess her old roommates would sing their questions and answers to each other just while doing normal things. I thought this was hilarious! I mean, it would totally get on my nerves but how funny is it still? loved it, and really that isn't at all what I'm saying. I would totally sing for real if I did it.

so, where do we end here...I think there should be a day where life just becomes a musical. One day and everyone around me sings. So awesome! though only good voices cause the bad ones hurt my ears :(

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I sometimes wish I could sing out loud and strangers wouldn't think I was crazy. This would totally work out perfectly if life were a musical.

I wish I had roomies that would sing questions to me. unless it was in the morning.

Information said...

Good post.

Bayjb said...

I would really love it if my life were a musical so I could randomly break out into song/dance at any time. A dance break would be really nice, along with an intermission

Hal said...

oh intermissions for sure! if you were having a rough day you could just be like yea I gotta go and take a break. that'd be awesome!