Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plans, schmams, and some Weather


"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir [women's] blood"

I'm reading Devil in a White City and the head director of works for the World Exposition, Daniel Burnham, was quoted saying this. I of course changed men to women because seriously, but I thought it was a very cool quote. Life is funny because even if you do plan it has a way of sending you off in a completely different direction but it's completely true that to make just small boring plans means you are living a never-changing life.

I make big plans but then keep them quiet so that if/when they change everybody doesn't know. But really who cares if my plans change??? It doesn't signify failure or defeat but just a curve in the road that I never saw coming. Yesterday I told ppl that what I really wanted to do down the road was be an investigator and be out in the field checking out fires that have occurred. Unfortunately for me, in my field a position like that requires you to have years of experience because you need to know EVERYTHING. But in 10 years or so I would really love to break into that. So there you go, my flimsy 10 year goal is out! And hopefully before then I change the focus of my job a few times...but that is a completely different can of worms.
As for now, it is HOT! I mean so hot I can't get out from in front of my fan!!! And my and the fam are going to head to the lake and chill on the boat for the day. Yessir! Wakeboarding please? Hope everyone finds a way to beat the heat.

2 comments:

Bayjb said...

I am living with my fan on right now, although it's finally cooled off in my place. PHEW!

Molly said...

People who have goals and make plans are people who usually end up doing what they want to do. So your plan/goal of being an investigator is no flimsy plan. You can do it! :)