Sunday, October 25, 2009

A bulleted list cause I'm too tired to think

It's been a over-packed busy/not busy week culminating in a fully great night out on the town with two new friends.
  • 2 minutes a problem on a standardized test is totally not sufficient. At the 15min mark I still had like 40 unanswered questions and just had to go down filling in bubbles. In a situation such as that I can never decide if it's better to fill them all in the same (eg. all c's) or to go about filling in random ones and making it look not to guessed at. The second choice is what I ended up doing for whatever it ends up to be.
  • As you can tell from the first bullet I have finally taken the exam. It was long and I got very antsy but I feel pretty good about the final outcome. I'm positive I knew about 50% of the questions and then beyond that a good number were figured out and then it's luck. Unfortunately I won't find out the results for like 4 months but I'm going to tell myself it's all over. It's weird though, for the first time in a long time I don't have any cares in relation to learning. It's a very freeing feeling.
  • Which makes me think. did you ever have those professors who would never return your exams or let you know your grade until like the end of the class. I would have times that I would take 2 or 3 exams and turn in other assignments without getting any feedback in the form of grades or what they as a professor wanted. It would really annoy me because each professor is different and what different things out of their students and you tailor your work to that. The first exam of every class was always the most stressful for me, those were the ones were I would actually try to get a good nights sleep before and not do any irresponsible things like drinking :)
  • While out last night two guys I was hanging with decided to have a race (no idea why) and one of them ate it! It was legit a tuck and roll. First he was running and then next thing you know he's gone and on the ground between two cars. HILARIOUS!
  • I went out with my new roomie and one of her friends and it was really nice to be out with new people. I love making new friends and I'm really excited with how this new living situation has turned out. Now if only I could ignore this hangover long enough to make some order in my room.
  • My area has become flooded with costumed kids. I went out to get a coffee and they are all over the place! I could not get back to my apt fast enough! I do think it's cute though that all the stores give the kids candy and stuff. And that they do it on a weekend so you don't have to do it on a cold weekday night. The school down the street was also giving "hay rides" around the block. Cracked me up cause I've see real hay rides and these just weren't the same.
  • I need a halloween costume. There are a couple of parties I will be attending and I have no idea what to be! Any ideas that is somewhat cheap and fun and not too slutty????
  • alright think i'm out of bullet points. Off to enjoy the last afternoon of my freedom. Tomorrow it's back to the grind!

4 comments:

Bayjb said...

I LOVE watching little kids trick-or-treating. I am a sucker for kids in costumes

Lisa said...

My all time favorite costume is always a witch. I love love the hat and you can either be a pretty witch or an ugly one. It's an easy costume to move around in and with a little black lipstick and a nice black outfit of some sort, it's cheap and easy.

But I know, I know, you don't like being a witch.

Maggie said...

hahah Tuck and Roll-LOVE it. especially when dudes make asses out of themselves.

it was good seeing you at book club again!!

Tomasen said...

Wahooo! It must feel so good to be DONE with that!!
Sounds as though this new life is treating you well!
Love and hugs!
t