Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hal wears a Hat

So in order to satisfy the goal I set for myself yesterday I formed an outfit today where the hat fit.

Scene: I have gathered myself together, hat is on and all is good. Walk downstairs.
Mom: Well well you are wearing the hat.
Me: well yes I am, do you like?
Mom: Oh yes you look like Paula Abdul

alrighty...not a fabulous compliment but take what you get

Scene: Dad walks in... stops and stares at me as I am doing things in the kitchen. Me: like the hat?
Dad: You're wearing a hat.
Me: yes I know, like it?
Dad: yea, sure, it's different

Scene: Brother enters the car when I go to pick him up...
What is with the hat???
Me: what? I can't hear you.
Brother: WHAT IS WITH THE HAT?
Me: I dunno, I liked it. Do you?
Brother: where did you get it?
Me: what the heck does that matter? do you like it?
Brother: WHERE DID YOU GET THE HAT?
Me: JESUS CHRIST!

Scene: Sister enters the house after school, I walk out of the living room with the hat on.
Sister: yea I saw that as you were driving by. Whatever
Me: Do you like it?
Sister: yea sure, weirdo wearing a hat. Think you're cool?

Think my family likes me wearing hats? just trying to bring a little class to NH... not sure how well it's working :)

4 comments:

Tomasen said...

ROFL!! I can just hear them all exactly as you wrote it!! ha hah a ha
Do you like my hat? I tried hats at one point and was commented on relentlessly. I think to wear hats to have to have thick skin!! Hang in there!
Lvoe,t

Hal said...

haha I love it! "thick skin to wear hats!!!!" I'll keep trucking through...no worries

Molly said...

I want to see the hat!!

Lisa said...

Paula Abdul wore that hat years ago. But in Chicago I noticed the style is back. So no worries, you are stylish. The hat is cute -- I do believe at the store I was totally into it. You forgot to put that in! Where I said it was cute and stylish and the other one was practical!