Monday, October 12, 2009

Colors of Fall

Columbus Day Wkend always feels like the end of the end for me when it comes to being outside. This wkend the air is chilly enough that it takes sufficient motivation to get yourself outside, but not bad enough that once out there you're suffering, lol. Thus to commemorate my last wkend in NH and of freedom :) I had a number of my close friends up and we lounged around, hiked, hung outside, made fires and had a jolly old time. Perfect fall activities (minus the margaritas..but who turns down margaritas??) The shot is the view from our local ski moutain. We rode the chair up and then walked around and down. Very pretty.

The foliage this year is just to die for this year...or maybe it's just been so long since I've been in the thick of it, but I'll miss it when I leave. Until then I will continue to stare in awe at the gorgeous reds, yellows, oranges, and greens that are backdropped with a brilliant blue sky. But the frost that was here this morning??? you feel free to stay away till I leave please.

Happy Columbus Day! Did anyone else to any fun fall activities this weekend?

3 comments:

Bayjb said...

Sadly this weekend I was in Atlanta for a conference, where it was 80s and humid and then 70s and awesome. What a tease

Molly said...

The clouds in this picture are killing me. I LOVE THEM! :)

Hal said...

haha I know! and later that night was the most gorgeous sunset! It was like a pink volcano of clouds. Alas, the photos did not come out.