Sunday, January 18, 2009

George Clinton & the Parliament Funkadelic

This past saturday night I went to see this band. They aren't my most favorite type of music but I have a number of friends who absolutely love it and as I don't dislike any type of music when my friend asked me to go I said sure. I was in the mood to get out of the apartment and I figured the "Godfather of Funk" has got to be a good time. Plus my friend kn
ows the good funk bands so when he is dying to go, you can tell it's going to be great. And no worries, this band did not let me down.

Not only was George Clinton one of the most colorful (literally) and interesting man I have every seen, but he had so much fun up on the stage. In fact everyone who came up on that stage looked like they were loving their life and what they were doing. Which to me is the epitomy of a concert/show. I enjoy listening to the music, but the real fun is in being able to watch these incredible people doing something that affects so many people and see how it just radiates off of them. There were times that there were so many people up on stage, rocking out, that you didn't even know who was playing or w
ho was just there to have a good time! Check out the hair on this guy!!!




Now granted I could pretty much only see
 from their waists up, if that lucky but 
I did even get to see the guy in a diaper. 
YES, supposedly that is his claim to fame. I'm still not 
sure about it.







All in all I had a fantastic time. Funk, as I said before, is not my first choice of music but i was having a blast dancing around and people watching. If you can imagine the types o
f people who came to watch the crazy awesome people on the stage...people watching was insane! So if you ever have the chance to go see the Godfather of Funk, I suggest you do it. Because it really is an experience.

No comments: