Thursday, January 22, 2009

TV? Real Life?

I've always enjoyed the very dramatic shows such as 7th Heaven, One Tree Hill, etc. And these days I still find myself watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice even though I feel like both of the shows have gone off the deep end in their absolute ridiculousness. Grey's more, but still.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that draws me these types of shows. I feel like I almost crave drama in a, life's hard so this allows me to prepare myself, or if it's because I enjoyed acting when I did it during highschool and of course acting stories and shows always have a lot of drama. I can see myself acting out these stories with the dead father or the baby who's dying. I mean after all, I was Maria in West Side Story who threatens to shoot the guy who shot Tony!!!  And then beyond all that I look at these doctors or people in the shows who go through like 10 different tragedies in one day and you wonder how the hell they actually make it through if that's their real life. Like, for real? I would collapse in a second if stuff like that went on in my life every day. 

I have obviously just watched the new episodes of Grey's and Private tonight while doing other things but I found myself actually spilling tears when the kid in Grey's who need organs almost died.  I've had such an amazing and lucky life up till now and I am so grateful for that. I can only hope that my future is as wonderful. 

Now on to L&O SVU. Yea I have a thing for dramatic and disturbing tv.... But all my good friends have the same obsession!!! 

5 comments:

Andhari said...

hellooo, im an addict to drama shows on tv too..I watch one tree hill but only for 3 season. I watched full seasons of the oc. I think I need help sometimes :)

Tomasen said...

Ahhh....what I can't handle is Denny being there all the time... I mean WHAT in the world?? Now Izzy is dying?? Is that what this was all about?
LOVE the drama...I was in tears all last night...and the poor father having to choose betweeen his daughter and his two year old son? That was...too close to home for me! I have had drama...as you know and honestly...life is MUCH more exciting without it!!

Hal said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Gilmore Girls is probably my favorite!!

As for Denny...I KNOW! Chlo and I will literally scream at the tv whne he comes on because it is so absolutely ludicrous and wrong. I mean how do the people around not notice??? There are just too many anomalys about it and not enough answers.

Lisa said...

Well, Denny came to take Izzy back to the great beyond. BUT ... apparently she has a choice. And if she doesn't choose him, then she chooses a real life.

Anyway, the whole thing bugged me too and I'd just as soon have her go to the big potluck in the sky as opposed to having to watch him pouting behind her shoulder all the time.

And just so you know, I couldn't watch ANY of those shows with commercials! I have to tape them all.

Tomasen said...

I hope he is gone, gone, gone for GOOOOD!!!!
I tape them too!! Can't stand the commercials either! Funny though, when someone says, "have you seen that commercial where...." the answer is ALWAYS no!! I love that!