Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Of course the one day that I really really want to watch something during work hours I am busy as heck trying to make a deadline. But I made it and then spent the time watching the swear ins (???) and Obama's speech. It was truly incredible to see the massive amounts of people who came to cheer this man in. I am very happy to see this type of change.
Though why are they showing Bush's helicopter leaving for so long??? Hello, we are happy he is gone, go back to the fun.

I did not like Obama's speech as much today as I did his acceptance speech but I do think he did a good job with it. The thing I appreciate the most about him is that he has a great talent in calling out to everyone and making you feel, no matter what, that you are part of a great group. He never leaves anyone out and I feel like you can see him talking personally to each of these different types/races whatever. I can swear I actually see and hear changes in his sentences. It's incredible.

I'm so happy for the US to be embarking on this new direction. I can't wait to see what will come of it. This country thrives on adversity and change so I think it will be wonderful to view and be a part of. Lets go USA.

No comments: