Friday, January 16, 2009

A Vivid Dream

I had the weirdest and most vivid dream last night:

My best friend had just moved into a house with a guy, whom I had never met before, and I went to visit them. While touring the house all I could see where things that were wrong and that I knew she wouldn't like. First off the house was huge! I mean you felt like you walked a mile to reach one end from the other. There was a big really nice pool with a viewing area and so much other extraneous rooms and activity things. It was big and cavernous and felt like you were walking through an office building or something. The fireplaces (there were numerous ones) were all really big, made out of stone, but the actual opening where the fire goes was tiny and short. So you really couldn't see the fire. Anyway as they were showing me around I was making comments, asking her about this and that and I kept getting glared at by this guy. I mean I was seriously offending him. And she wasn't saying much, it was like she didn't want to contradict him. Which is VERY unlike her.

So finally I was like ok I'm going to go for a swim so I went to the pool. Randomly my entire swim team was also staying in the house and so they all came and joined me as did she and we had a ball. When it was dinnertime everyone went to get out and I realized on my way back to my room that I had forgotten something back at the pool so back I went. Down on deck there was this contraption that was similar to lane line holders which whatever I had forgotten was next too and somehow whatever was attached to it started to unravel. (I know this is very vague but I can't remember the details, and dreams aren't always so clear.) So here I am trying to wind this thing back up but I can't get it to attach again and I'm wasting lots of time. Then I hear footsteps and I'm really afraid it's him coming to make sure his precious pool didn't get ruined or something so I leave it and run out another door.

Back in my room getting ready I'm talking to one of the girls about how he really freaks me out and she's agreeing and then all of a sudden he walks by on the ROOF with one of his friends. And blatantly looks in the window at me like he's checking on me or something! So the girl with me in the room is like what the hell is going on and I'm like I do not trust this guy. Ultimately the dream ends with us deciding that I should never be left alone, I'll always have a swim girl with me, and that's it.

I woke up from this feeling very unsettled. One because the friend who's with the guy is nothing like the person she was in the dream. She is very opinionated and not afraid to say what she wants, and she knows how to deal with guys like that. I mean she has been with guys who kinda freak me out and can be nuts but she never let them make decisions for her or anything. And now she's with a really great guy who I have a grand time hanging out with.

I might research it a bit, provide an update later but for now I have to do some work.

No comments: